Eligibility for the Awards
We invite your organization to enter the 2022 Africa Grows Green Awards, honoring the outstanding achievements in your workplace.
- All organizations with offices in or outside of the African Region are eligible to submit nominations to the Africa Grows Green Awards.
- Each organization may submit more than one award category.
- Nominations are accepted from startups, SMEs, public, private, for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Nominations are accepted from organizations with a minimum of 3 years in operation.
- The jury panel’s decision on the eligibility of the nominations shall be final and is non-appealable.
- The jury panel reserves the ultimate right to make final and binding decisions on the eligibility of all applications.
- The jury panel reserves the right to not bestow an award if the jury panel deems that no nomination has earned an award.
Applying is incredibly easy: in just five steps, your awards journey can begin!
Step 1: Choose the right category
- Winning begins with choosing the best category that showcases your strength. Whatever your sector or organization size, as long as you are making moves towards combating climate change, you have a chance to win.
Step 2: Construct your entry
- Once you have decided on your category, the next step is to review the criteria and gather evidence to write your story in a clear, concise and an engaging style.
- The entry is composed of 3 sections. Each section has a set of criteria to be filled and an assigned score.
- you have the opportunity to upload supporting video links, charts, graphs, photos, endorsements, etc.
Step 3: Press submit
- Once you have checked and reviewed your entry and attached documents against the set criteria, you will press submit. You can edit your entry anytime before you press submit. Once you have submitted your entry, you cannot edit it anymore.
Step 4: Relax and wait to hear if you have been shortlisted
- Once all entries have been scored, finalists are notified via email with the date and venue to deliver live 15 min presentations of their innovative solutions virtually or physically in Cairo in front of a Jury of 3-5 people.
- Winners are notified via email to start preparing for the Award Event.
Step 5: Prepare for the Awards Ceremony
- If you are a successful winner, you will be invited to attend the Africa Grows Green Award Ceremony at the COP 27 and present your innovative solutions to a diversity of climate change stakeholders and receive your trophy. Stay tuned to more surprises!
If you need any assistance with the entry process, be sure to read the FAQs, you can also book a call with your Awards Consultant!
How Are Winners Determined ?
Winning begins with choosing the best category that showcases your strength.
Live presentations of company’s innovative solutions virtually or physically in Cairo
Reputable Experienced judges evaluate the business submissions each year.
Be sure to get involved soon – choose the category you wants to proceed.